The Beatles "1" (Norway)

One of the biggest selling CD's in history is The Beatles album "1" (released in 2000). This is a compilation of number one hits from the US and UK respectively. Essentially, this collection expanded upon and replaced the October, 1982 album "20 Greatest Hits". Certain tracks were not released as singles in the UK and various tracks did not reach #1 in either country. This resulted in a few anomalies on both the American and British versions of the "20 Greatest Hits" album. The Australian pressing went a step further by adding a three song EP to the LP which was titled "23 Number Ones".

I love this kind of stuff, ya know. :)

Anyway, I have created a unique version of "1" based on the number one hits in Norway. Unlike the official pressing of the album, I have utilized the correct monophonic 45 mixes for everything applicable (19 of the 21 tracks). Makes for a superior listening experience along with some strange and interesting entries. 









1. She Loves You
2. I Want To Hold Your Hand
3. A Hard Day's Night
4. I Should Have Known Better
5. If I Fell
6. I Feel Fine
7. Rock And Roll Music
8. Ticket To Ride
9. Help!
10. Yesterday
11. Day Tripper
12. Michelle
13. Paperback Writer
14. Yellow Submarine
15. Strawberry Fields Forever
16. All You Need Is Love
17. Hello Goodbye
18. Hey Jude
19. Get Back
20. The Ballad Of John & Yoko
21. Let It Be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Beatles Box Sets

I'll Cry Instead - The Beatles (1964)

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Blue Meanies Live At "Beatles Blast, 2019"