Gabriel's Mother's Hiway Ballad #16 Blues - Arlo Guthrie (1970)

Even if it does carry some melancholic memories for me, here is my favorite Arlo tune. "Gabriel's Mother's Hiway Ballad #16 Blues" hails from Guthrie's cozy 1970 LP "Washington County". It was also released as the "B" side of the single "Valley To Pray".

I love the entire feel of this recording and it has helped me through some rough times. Some songs have that ability.

My favorite part is at 4:47 when he sings "To make a Heaven out of this Earth". Perfect. Then, of course, there are the eerie strings helping this ethereal song gently glide along. Wonderful. This is one of those tunes I listen to after everyone has gone home at the end of Summer.

Come on children, come on........



"Washington County" (1970):


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Beatles Box Sets

I'll Cry Instead - The Beatles (1964)

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Blue Meanies Live At "Beatles Blast, 2019"