Private Party Performances And Seasons

Some of my favorite gigs have been performed in backyards, living rooms or even high atop the Swiss Alps (yes, I have done this). That coziness which comes with setting up in someone's household usually leaves me with a euphoric feeling of satisfaction. Just prop me up in the corner near an electrical outlet and out of everyone's way and let me strum. For me, this makes for a wonderful evening- especially if it's amongst a fun, receptive audience.

Another fun time is around an outdoor fireplace during the Autumn months. This is my favorite time of year. Hence the title of my first CD. These shows usual take place far away from New York City, although, I have been known to find a few here at home. Outdoor Summer gigs can be a lot of fun- but if it's really humid- then setting me up away from sunlight with a strong electric fan or in the air conditioned house is preferred. Naturally, Winter gigs are held indoors but I have done some crazy nights in Pennsylvania where the temperature was near zero and the property owners set up one of those long tubular heaters under a tent. I still froze but not as bad as I thought I would. Spring? See my reference to Autumn. :)

Comments

  1. Don't think it matters what season it is or inside or out ...... People can feel the love of the music when U are playing .....U bring your audience into the music and that one of the things that make your gigs so much Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an uncanny ability to bring enjoyment anywhere you play. You effortlessly perform songs to and for your audiences, rather than AT them. Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into your performances for all our benefit. May you continue to share your music in all settings to many audiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Beatles Box Sets

I'll Cry Instead - The Beatles (1964)

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Blue Meanies Live At "Beatles Blast, 2019"