Barber Shop Quartet

Ya gotta love this type of stuff.

My parents were huge fans of popular music from the 19th century through the 1970's. The amount of songs they knew was amazing. They grew up during the pre-television decades listening radio broadcasts and watching movies in theaters. They get full credit for introducing my brothers and I to popular music.

Anyway, here's one I know they would love. Mom and Dad were fanatical about harmonies and this performance of the classic Tin Pan Alley tune "Hello My Baby" (written in 1899) would most certainly knock their socks off. "A Capella Trudbol" is a guy who records his versions of songs via the Internet (he's handling the bass and lead here). He is a versatile singer from Belgium who hooks up with people from all over the globe and harmonizes with them. I believe the other guy is from France. How cool is that? I'm just hoping there's no subtle use of auto tune in there.......

My favorite section is that last harmonized note. Reminds me so much of my parents- especially Mom.

Just do yourself a favor. Don't make any attempt to imitate that frog from the Warner Brothers cartoon "One Froggy Evening". :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Beatles Box Sets

I'll Cry Instead - The Beatles (1964)

"Here Comes The Sun" - The Blue Meanies Live At "Beatles Blast, 2019"